Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
This moist single serving keto chocolate mug cake has the best fudgy chocolate cake texture and only 5 grams of net carbs per serving!
Plus, this chocolate mug cake keto recipe is also gluten-free, made with coconut flour and almond flour.
It’s that time of the day. You crave that chocolate cake you saw at the bakery.
But then you go back home and realize you have nothing in your cupboard to fix that chocolate craving.
So that’s when keto chocolate mug cake recipes come to the rescue.
What Is A Keto Chocolate Mug Cake?
As a result, a keto mug cake recipe contains minimal carbs but brings out the same decadent chocolate, moist crumb you expect from a chocolate cake.
How To Make Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
This keto chocolate mug cake recipe is the easiest, quick keto chocolate cake you will make.
A keto chocolate mug cake is made with only 5 ingredients.
All you need to make this recipe are the nourishing low-carb ingredients below.
- Almond flour – mug cakes also work well with an almond meal. However, almond meal is coarse, and not everyone enjoys the grainy texture it adds to keto chocolate mug cakes. So if you are new to keto baking, always choose ultra-fine almond flour. It makes cakes and cookies with a similar texture to wheat-based baked goods. Learn more about keto flours.
- Coconut flour – this keto chocolate mug cake with coconut flour has the best texture! The combination of both flours creates the fluffiest cake crumb. Of course, if you don’t have coconut flour, you can replace it with 2 tablespoons of extra almond flour.
- Erythritol or any sugar-free crystal sweetener you like such as Lakanto or Swerve, or a few drops of liquid stevia.
- Egg – this easy mug cake keto recipe requires an egg. Try my egg-free keto chocolate mug cake for a vegan keto alternative.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Sugar-free chocolate chips – I highly recommend adding a pinch of sugar-free chocolate chips to your mug cake for an extra chocolate flavor.
In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and almond milk.
Then stir in the flours, sweetener, baking powder, and unsweetened cocoa powder.
Finally, when the batter is thick and evenly combined, stir in the sugar-free chocolate chips.
The trickiest part of keto mug cakes is to bake them perfectly, to stay moist in the center but not liquid.
My tips to make the best single-serving mug cake recipe in the microwave are:
Use a microwave-safe tall coffee mug – from 8-15 oz. In fact, a tall coffee mug gives the keto mug cake room to rise high, adding fluffiness, and also it prevents the mug cake from overflowing from the mug.
Check microwave power and adjust baking time – like ovens, microwaves do have power settings.
Don’t assume that all microwaves are set at the same powder. It’s not true. However, the truth is some microwave settings can’t be changed.
It means that they are sold with a set up of 600W, 900W, or 1200W. So below, I listed the microwave baking time based on the power of each microwave:
600W – 130 seconds baking time
900W – 90 seconds baking time
1200 W- 60 seconds baking time
Serve immediately – a mug cake dries out quickly, don’t wait, and serve within 5 minutes to enjoy its full flavor.
This keto low-carb mug cake is even better served with toppings to enhance the rich chocolate taste!
Below I listed some options that are keto-friendly to make this chocolate mug cake even tastier:
- Whipped cream – can use dairy-free coconut whipped cream too for a paleo chocolate mug cake.
- Melted sugar-free chocolate.
- Natural peanut butter – as seen in my pictures, I added a drizzle of melted sugar-free chocolate and a drizzle of peanut butter on top of my low-carb mug cake. This is the most decadent addition to chocolate!
- Pecans – pecan nuts turn this mug cake into a delicious mug brownie.
- Keto Chocolate Frosting – to spread on top of the mug cake.
Unfortunately, baked keto mug cakes won’t store well. A keto mug cake recipe must be served immediately within 5 minutes after baking, or it dries out.
You can make the batter ahead 24 hours before serving. First, make the batter and fill a coffee mug with it.
Then, wrap the top of the mug with plastic wrap and store the uncooked mug cake in the fridge overnight. T
hen, bake the keto chocolate mug cake in the microwave when needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
When Should I Eat Mug Cakes
This keto chocolate mug cake is the perfect treat as a quick sweet breakfast, snack, or dessert.
How Many Carbs Are There In Keto Chocolate Mug Cake?
With only 5 grams of net carb per serve, it fits perfectly in your daily macros any time of the day to fix quick sweet cravings without sugar and add good fat to your body.
If you are allergic to nuts, you can use the following substitutes:
- Almond flour with the same amount of sesame seed flour.
- Almond milk – use any keto dairy-free milk like coconut milk or hemp milk.
More Keto Mug Cake Recipes
I have plenty of other easy keto mug cake recipes for you to try as quick keto desserts or keto snacks.
Below I listed my other keto mug cake flavors for you to try.
Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
Posted In:Almond FlourAlmond MilkCoconut FlourEggPeanut ButterBakingDairy-FreeGluten-FreeHealthyKetoLow-CarbVegetarianBreakfastDessertSnackEasyUnder 10 Minutes
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only. The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized. You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.