16 Delicious And Healthy Keto Chicken Recipes
Discover a delectable assortment of 16 Keto Chicken Recipes that cater to both your taste buds and low-carb lifestyle.
From zesty Lemon Pepper Chicken to savory Greek Chicken Marinade, these flavorful dishes offer variety and convenience, with easy-to-follow instructions and readily available ingredients. Prepare to savor succulent flavors, nourish your body, and elevate your keto cooking skills with this irresistible collection.
Is Chicken Keto?
Chicken is, like most meats, very low in carbs and is therefore very much keto-friendly.
Whatever piece of meat you choose, chicken is zero-carb meat, so your chicken thighs, chicken drumsticks, chicken wings, chicken breast, and chicken tenderloins all have no carbs.
However, it’s essential to buy unmarinated chicken since some food preparations are sold with high-carb sauce or marinade.
One hundred grams of chicken contains (*):
- 5.5 grams of Fat
- 0 grams of Carbs
- 29.6 grams of Protein
- 0.4 mg of Iron
Easy Chicken Breast Recipes
The many keto recipes below are the best way of using chicken breasts to make simple and healthy low-carb dinners.
These step-by-step recipes show you how to make and meal-prep chicken for you and your loved ones.
Best Keto Side Dishes For Chicken
- Keto Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Zucchini
- Shirazi Salad
- Roasted Rutabaga
- Deviled Egg Salad
- Cucumber Yogurt Salad
- Keto Buffalo Cauliflower
- Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- Spinach Caprese Salad
- Zucchini Noodles With Pesto
How Can I Add Flavor To Keto Chicken Recipes?
Chicken is a relatively bland meat, but there are many ways you can use to add taste and flavor to the meat.
First, you can just add spices like garlic powder, salt, and cracked pepper. Second, you can cook your chicken with olive oil or in chicken stock or chicken broth.
My favorite way is to marinate the meat with one of my many healthy, keto marinades. Try one of the following:
- The Best Chicken Marinade
- Greek Chicken Marinade
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Marinade
- Pork Chop Marinade – while this is made for pork chops, it’s delicious for chicken as well.
- 3-Ingredient Steak Marinade – you can use steak marinade on chicken, it gives it an amazing taste!
Once you’ve cooked the meat, you can also use a simple sauce recipe to enhance your main dish.
- Avocado Mayo
- 3-Ingredient Alfredo Sauce
- Mushroom Sauce
- 3-Ingredient Stir Fry Sauce
- 3-Ingredient BBQ Sauce
Healthy Keto Chicken Recipes
I have many delicious chicken recipes for you:
Frequently Asked Questions
Keto chicken recipes can be made either in a skillet, in the oven, an instant pot, or in a slow cooker.
There are many recipes you can pair with chicken such as salads, soups, or veggies.
Yes, some low-carb chicken recipes can be cooked in the air fryer.
Note that some recipes use crumbs that can drip in your air fryer, making it a bit of a chore to clean up.
Yes, all parts of a chicken are keto-friendly. Rotisserie chicken is normally made with just chicken and a sauce or marinade on the skin.
Chicken is very much keto-friendly like most meat.
All parts of a chicken are keto-friendly so you can go wild with your recipes!
You can make any creamy sauce you like with butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese for low carb chicken recipes.
Yes, you can freeze raw chicken (provided it wasn’t in the freezer and thawed already), and you can also freeze cooked meals with chicken.
It allows you to meal prep many healthy chicken dinners for these busy weeknights or just save leftovers.
Yes, chicken, like all meat, is a gluten-free ingredient.
16 Delicious Keto Chicken Recipes
- 2 medium Skinless Chicken Breasts about 6 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 fresh Rosemary strands
- Make sure the skillet is properly seasoned (oiled) before starting the recipe, or the meat can stick to the skillet.
- Pre-warm the skillet on medium-high heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) on the broiling mode.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir all the marinade ingredients: olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper.
- Rub each chicken breast with the marinade on both sides.
- Place both chicken breasts in the hot skillet and cook for 2 minutes then flip and cook for 2 extra minutes.
- Reduce to low-medium heat, and add the two rosemary strands on the sides of the chicken in the skillet. Foil the skillet and keep cooking until the meat is cooked in the center and reaches 165°F (74°C) and the meat is no longer pink in the middle. Depending on the thickness of your meat, it can take between 6-10 minutes.
- Remove foil and place one teaspoon of butter on top of each breast.
- Place the skillet on the top rack of the oven for 4-8 minutes on broil mode, until meat is grilled on top. Check often and remove as soon as the meat is grilled.
- Serve immediately.
Category:Recipe Round Up
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only.
The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized.
You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.