Keto chocolate cookies – brownie cookie texture !
If you don’t know what to choose between a brownie or a cookie those keto chocolate cookies are the one you want to make right now. I love my fudgy chocolate avocado cookies but when I don’t have avocado on hands this is the cookies I make instead. Those keto chocolate cookies have all the good things from a brownie – fudgy center, strong chocolate flavor and even chewy if you can’t wait the next day – all this in one single cookie. And good news, you only need few simple ingredients to make those.
- Sugar free chocolate chips – I always used stevia sweetened chocolate which is already sweet compared to unsweetened chocolate. I highly recommend those stevia chips for the best result
- Sugar free crystal sweetener – erythritol or monk fruit are my two favorites
- Almond flour – or ground almonds or almond meal anything works
- Egg – or one flax egg if vegan. Simply combine 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal with 3 tablespoons of water. Stir, set aside and wait 10 minutes until egg-like texture forms. Use as an egg.
- Coconut oil – I don’t recommend using any other oil or butter for this recipe to achieve the best brownie cookie texture.
- Baking powder to give those keto chocolate cookies a little raise
- Salt – optional but so delicious to balance the chocolate flavor
- Vanilla essence – optional too I just love vanilla in baking
Fudgy and chewy chocolate cookies
That is the first sugar free cookies I made that really gets chewy the next day. Just after baking, the texture is fudgy and closer to brownie but the longer you store them in the cookie jar and the chewier they become. I actually love both texture. As any of my keto cookie recipes, I recommend you cool them down 10 minutes on the cooking rack before transferring to a cooling rack. It ave the cookie some time to firm up and they will hold better together.
Pecan or extra chocolate chips
You can add anything you like in those cookie. My favorite addition are chopped pecan or extra sugar free chocolate chips. Simply use what makes you happy.
WATCH THE KETO CHOCOLATE COOKIE RECIPE AND MAKE THEM NOW !
Keto chocolate cookies
- 4 ounces sugar free chocolate chips - I used stevia sweetened dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 egg or flaxegg if vegan
- 1/3 cup Sugar free Crystal Sweetner - Monk Fruit
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tespoon salt
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chopped pecan - or sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C (370F).
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spray some oil if needed - depending on how your parchment paper stick or not to baked goods this may not be necessary. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the sugar free chocolate chips and melted coconut oil. I prefer t measure my coconut oil melted for more precision in baking. That's up to you, I melt about 2 tablespoons in a small bowl in the microwave and measure the liquid oil before adding it to the chocolate chips.
- Melt the chocolate chips with coconut oil in the microwave, by 30 seconds burst, stirring between to avoid the chocolate to burn. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar free crystal sweetener, vanilla essence, baking powder and salt. It should not take more than 20 seconds.
- Stir in the melted chocolate mixture. The mixture will thicken, stay shiny and that is what you want.
- Now pour in the almond flour and unsweetened cocoa powder. Combine with a spoon until fully incorporated, it should not take more than 1 minute. Don't over mix it to avoid the batter to dry out. The batter will thicken again, looks like a brownie batter, thick but still runny. If your almond flour is not too thin you can also see some tiny bites of almond flour and that is ok.
- Stir in the chopped pecan nuts or chocolate chips regarding your taste, choose your option.
- Spoon out the batter on the prepared cookie sheet. You should make 6 large cookies out of this dough. The cookies will expand a lot while baking so leave some space - about 4 cm between each cookies. I made 2 row of 3 cookies on my cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-14 minutes or until the edge are cooked. The middle stay soft and that is normal. I found 12 minutes perfect for a brownie texture.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven, cool down 10 minutes on the sheet.
- Transfer your cookies on a cooling rack using a spatula that you slide under each cookie to avoid them to break. They are still soft.
- Cool down 10 more minutes on the rack.
- Store in an cookie jar for up to 5 days. The texture is soft and close to brownie when fresh. The texture change the next day, becoming chewier in the center and crispier on the border.
Nutrition panel is for one keto chocolate cookies. This recipe makes 6 large cookies. Net carbs 1.3 g (carbs minus firbre)