Keto Strawberry Smoothie with Almond Milk
This easy keto strawberry smoothie with a creamy, sweet, frothy texture is perfect as a keto breakfast meal replacement or to fix your sweet tooth any time of the day.
Bonus, this keto low-carb strawberry smoothie contains only 6 grams of net carbs with a dairy-free option!
Strawberry lovers, I have great news for you: Strawberry is on the approved keto fruit list!
Strawberry is not the lowest-carb berry, compared to raspberries, but still fine if eaten in moderation!
So if you just started your keto diet and miss strawberry ice cream, start with this strawberry smoothie!
It is much easier than ice cream to make, gluten-free, and with a dairy-free option!
Is Strawberry Smoothie Keto?
Unfortunately, not all strawberry smoothies are keto-approved. The ones sold in most cafes are made with many not keto-friendly foods like bananas, milk, or dates.
All these ingredients are high in carbs and sugar, and that’s why you have to make your own strawberry smoothie recipe on a keto diet.
How To Make This Keto Strawberry Smoothie
The good news is that a keto smoothie is very easy to make at home.
All you need to make a creamy, frothy smoothie with strawberries are:
- Frozen strawberries – frozen fruits create frothy creamy smoothies without bananas that are not keto approved!
- Unsweetened almond milk – or unsweetened coconut milk for a strawberry coconut keto smoothie.
- Heavy cream – or coconut cream for a dairy-free option. You can also make this keto strawberry smoothie with yogurt using plain yogurt like Greek yogurt. Finally, the last option is to make a keto strawberry smoothie with cream cheese. This option turns the drink into a similar taste and texture as a Starbucks strawberry and cream Frappuccino! Read more about dairy on a keto diet.
- Erythritol – or xylitol for sweetness. You can replace this with stevia drops too. Head to my keto sweetener converter to learn how!
- Vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
There are so many ways you can improve this keto smoothie recipe by adding or changing some of the original recipe ingredients.
For example, you can improve the creaminess of this keto smoothie with strawberries by adding:
- Ripe avocado – add 1/4 ripe avocado flesh for a super-thick shake. It will darken the color of your smoothie but tastes amazing.
- Cream cheese – dreaming about a strawberry cheesecake smoothie? Add 2 tablespoons of soft cream cheese to your blender, or swap the heavy cream with the same amount of cream cheese.
- Chia seeds – for a boost of protein and fiber, add 1 teaspoon to keep the net carbs in control.
- Protein powder – add 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite keto protein powder.
This is a healthy strawberry smoothie recipe, low-carb, with no added sugar, and full of healthy fats. Keto or not, this strawberry smoothie with almond milk will make everyone happy.
If you are allergic to some of the ingredients, you can make the following substitutions:
- Strawberries: Swap for another low-carb fresh fruit.
- Heavy Cream: swap for a dairy-free alternative like thick coconut cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
When Should I Drink Keto Strawberry Smoothies?
This keto strawberry smoothie is a great almond milk smoothie recipe for any time of the day as long as it fits your daily macros.
It’s a very fulfilling keto breakfast for busy mornings. It’s easy to make in 2 minutes in your blender for a quick on-the-go breakfast.
It’s also the perfect drink to break your fast or post-workout to refuel with healthy fat and proteins.
How Should I Serve My Keto Smoothie?
A smoothie, keto or not, is always tastier with lots of toppings. So feel free to add some of these keto-friendly toppings:
- Fresh strawberries – 2 or 3 slices of strawberry look so gorgeous on top of this strawberry and cream smoothie.
- Unsweetened whipped cream – it is a zero-carb topping, so be generous and add a large dollop of this on top of your smoothie.
- Sugar-free vanilla syrup – swap the pure vanilla extract for sugar-free vanilla syrup!
- Keto protein powder – add 1 tablespoon of vanilla collagen protein powder to turn this recipe into the most delicious keto strawberry protein smoothie.
More Keto Smoothie Recipes
Keto smoothies are great low-carb snacks to fix your sweet tooth and refresh. I have plenty of keto smoothies for you to try on the blog like:
Made this easy strawberry keto smoothie? Share your review and comment below to tell how you enjoy this low-carb smoothie recipe.
Posted In:Dairy freeEgg-FreeGluten freeKetoVeganVegetarianAlmond MilkHeavy CreamStrawberryNo-BakeDairy-Free OptionEgg-FreeGluten-FreeGrain-FreeKetoLow-CarbVegan OptionVegetarianBreakfastDessertSnackEasy5 Ingredients
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only. The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized. You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.